In addition to our 2023 Community Power Energy Questionnaire, we are excited to announce 3 candidate forums! All candidates seeking to represent Wards 6, 7 & 12 on the Minneapolis City Council will share their visions on how to meet Minneapolis’ upcoming Climate & Equity Plan goals plus additional local energy democracy perspectives.
- All from around the city, regardless of ward are welcome and encouraged to join !
- Audience members can submit questions they wish candidates to answer !
- Informal social time after each Q & A !
Ward 12 City Council Candidate Forum on Local Energy & Climate Justice
- Date & Time: Wednesday, April 19th @ 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Location: Roosevelt High Auditorium 4029 S 28th Ave Minneapolis, 55406 with options to tune-in virtually via a livestream on our event page.
- Cohosts: MN350, MN Environmental Justice Table, Minneapolis Climate Action
- Sponsored by: Line Break Media with guest presenter on Ranked Choice Voting from FairVote MN!
- Details and RSVP: RSVPs are much appreciated but not required - find details, updates, and RSVP by visiting the Community Power event page.
- The Ward 12 forum's Facebook Event Page is live!
Save the date for the next batch of forums in May!
Ward 7 City Council Candidate Forum on Local Energy & Climate Justice
- Date/Time: Tuesday, May 9th 6:00 PM to 7:45 PM
- Location: Loring Community Arts Center 1382 Willow St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, with the option to watch via livestream on our Facebook event page
- Confirmed Candidates: Katie Cashman, Kenneth Foxworth, Mark Globus, Scott Graham
- Details and RSVP: RSVPs are much appreciated on the Community Power event page so we can be in touch on key updates and details, but not required for attendance.
Ward 6 City Council Candidate Forum on Local Energy & Climate Justice
- Date/Time: Thursday, May 11th 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Location: Bryan Coyle Center 420 S 15th Ave Minneapolis, 55454 with the option to watch via livestream on our Facebook event page
- Confirmed Candidates: Abdirizak Bihi, Jamal Osman, Keyseh Magan, Tiger Worku
- Details and RSVP: - RSVPs are much appreciated on the Community Power event page so we can be in touch on key updates and details but not required for attendance.
Across the River....St. Paul 350 hosting Candidate Forums for St. Paul city council candidates on energy & climate!
All forums for the following City Council St. Paul races will be recorded and live-streamed on the SP350 Facebook Page
- Ward 1 Sun, April 16th (Confirmed Candidates: Anika Bowie, James Lo, Omar Syed, Suz Woehrle) Link to watch event + RSVP
- Ward 5 Mon, April 17th (Confirmed Candidates: HwaJeong Kim, Pam Tollefson) Link to watch event + RSVP
- Ward 3 Tues, April 18th (Confirmed Candidates: Saura Jost, Isaac Russell) Link to watch event + RSVP
- Ward 7 Thurs, April 20th (Confirmed Candidates: Cheniqua Johnson, Pa Der Vang) Link to watch event + RSVP
Do you like this post?